Oct 2020: NIHR Public Interest Group calls for a revamp of the UK's public health function
Professor Stephen Peckham, director of PRUComm, and a group of other leading scientists from the NIHR Senior Investigators Public Health Interest Group, are calling on the Government to rethink how public health is organised in the UK.
Following the current Covid-19 pandemic, the group want to see a truly integrated public health function that will provide leadership and expertise nationally, regionally and locally within the NHS, local authorities, and local and national government.
In their joint BMJ blog, the leading senior investigators reflect on what direction public health should be taking in the UK. They want to see the NHS move away from being simply an 'illness provider' and a 'security net' with more of a 'partnership approach' to public health and urge current politicians to learn from the past.
- Oct 2020: NIHR Public Interest Group calls for a revamp of the UK's public health function
- Nov 2019: New models of contracting in the NHS
- Apr 2020: Commissioning Healthcare in England - Book Launch
- Nov 2019: Integrated Care Systems: What can current reforms learn from past research on regional co-ordination of health and care in England? A literature review
- Jan 2019: National evaluation of the Vanguard new care models programme. Interim report: understanding the national support programme
- Nov 2018: Understanding the new commissioning system in England: contexts, mechanisms and outcomes
- Nov 2018: Investigating recent developments in the commissioning system
- Jul 2018: Impact of removing indicators from the Quality and Outcomes Framework
- May 2018: Ninth National GP Worklife Survey
- Mar 2018: Understanding primary care co-commissioning: Uptake, development, and impacts. Final report
- Mar 2018: PRUComm Annual Research Seminar [Event]
- Apr 2016: The future of commissioning [Event]
- Mar 2016: Examining the impact of the Health & Social Care Act: Examining developments in the English health system from 2013-2015 [Event]
- Feb 2013: Healthcare Commissioning Seminar: A summary
- Feb 2013 PRUComm research seminar on healthcare commissioning [Event]
- Jun 2011: How can evaluation contribute to health policy in England? [Event]