Jan 2021: Stephen Peckham appointed to government select committee
The Expert Panel, chaired by Professor Dame Jane Dacre, will support Parliament in holding the UK Government to account against its pledges on health and social care. Professor Peckham is one of six core members selected by the Committee for their knowledge of the key issues affecting patients.
The Panel is piloting a new evaluation system that will give Care Quality Commission-style ratings on the government’s performance in meeting policy commitments, grading them from “inadequate” to “outstanding”. Its first area of evaluation will be maternity services in England.
Professor Peckham is also a professor of health policy at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, and director of the Centre for Health Services Studies at Kent’s School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research, and has over 20 years of policy analysis and health services research experience.
- August 2021: National Evaluation of the Vanguard New Care Models Programme: Report of qualitative case studies
- June 2021: 10th National GP Worklife Survey
- June 2021: Exploration of the National Health Services Community Services Data Set Report
- March 2021: NHS Reorganisation
- Feb 2021: Integrated Care Systems interim report published
- Jan 2021: Stephen Peckham appointed to government select committee
- Dec 2020: Primary Care Networks: exploring primary care commissioning, contracting, and provision
- Nov 2020: Evidence on the impact of the Vanguard programme
- Nov 2020: Publication of ‘On Primary Care’
- Continuity of English primary care has worsened with GP expansions
- Mar 2018: PRUComm Annual Research Seminar [Event]
- Apr 2016: The future of commissioning [Event]
- Mar 2016: Examining the impact of the Health & Social Care Act: Examining developments in the English health system from 2013-2015 [Event]
- Feb 2013: Healthcare Commissioning Seminar: A summary
- Feb 2013 PRUComm research seminar on healthcare commissioning [Event]
- Jun 2011: How can evaluation contribute to health policy in England? [Event]